THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.

Ordered some primo pork chops, $12/lb!
They were something else!
Made a brine with star anise, cumin, pepper and 3 Eyz.

IMG_3162_zps513f21d8.jpg

Made a coffee rub with spices and crusted the outer, then put 3Eyz in the center.
IMG_3167_zpsdd255073.jpg

Method:
Smoke the chawps with star anise, apple wood chips and cinnamon over low low temps

IMG_3186_zps40cde8c5.jpg

Don't need heat so just using four briquettes to smoke the envelope of spices! I place them in an old colander and heat in the Big STeel Keg.
IMG_3193_zps8dbb505e.jpg

If you look carefully you can see ice under the chawps!

IMG_3194_zpsac721f60.jpg

IMG_3208_zpsb1e4ade9.jpg

Got deep smoke penetration so then...
Onto the fantastic grate that SmokinAussie scavenged for me!
Brethren spirit!
Get some color and char, fire lick those sweet chawps!

IMG_3212_zps383f9f3a.jpg

Perfect!
IMG_3225_zps82df42b1.jpg

IMG_3226_zps2823e7e3.jpg

My effort at Pork Chawps!
Served with a spicy chili and fruit salsa, corn and bean salad!
Best pork I have ever eaten!

IMG_3239_zpse5167474.jpg

IMG_3233_zpsab6a6a19.jpg

Thanks Brethren!
:yo:
This isn't an entry in the TDs because somebody else did a chop so I cooked Pulled Lamb instead.

Last edited:
Dang buccs! Best chops I've seen in a while! How was the 2 tone rub? Never tried that one

Thank you so much, Shaggy, I must admit I was pretty proud of the cook idea's and how they worked.
A cook with many firsts, including cooking over brisquettes!
The two tone worked and was nice. I will try that again, but I am as yet convinced it improves anything. Looks pretty tho!

They were far and away the best pork chawps we have ever eaten, anywhere!:thumb:

Try adding in a bit of coco powder with the coffee next time it really complements the coffee flavor. Also, if you like gravy with your chops, this rub calls for a true red-eye gravy.

I swear bucc, one of these days when I can afford a ticket to Aussieland, you're going to cook me dinner! Looks awesome!

I swear bucc, one of these days when I can afford a ticket to Aussieland, you're going to cook me dinner! Looks awesome!

I am perfectly serious when I say, hurry up, I got rooms, and I would love some American bro's to come eat with me!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back