THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bought myself a big rubbermaid tub, fill it with hot water, simple green, and let those babies soak for a day or 3. When I take em out and wire brush em and hose em off they are clean as new. A little bleach water spray on em afterwards to get off any nasties as well.

Cleaning with fire

I'm thinking I need a weed burner... charcoal starter, grate cleaner, and just plain fun to make fire:twisted:. John

The grates from my WSM just barely fit in my Weber gasser. I hit them with high heat for a few minutes, then brush them off. I just want to get the bulk of the gunk off, I don't care if they're spotless.

I burn mine off in my gas grill and wire brush them a little. I just tell everyone there just well seasoned.

I put mine in a big pot of boiling water, simmer, then add a couple packs of ramen noodles, serve with usual garnishments

On my grill dome i open the vents for an hour or so after i am cooking, the temp gets high enough to cremate anything off the grates. they wipe clean after that. I am starting to clean my bandera grates by laying them on a hot fore for a few minutes and brushing them off. I don't like the idea of using chemical cleaners on my cooking surfaces, but that's just my .02 worth.

Back