THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A 16 inch pizza pan is what I use in mine and it serves a double purpose as it works as a heat deflector and helps with the extra drippings that are not caught by my drip pan. I think it works wonderfully.

I've had my UDS for a little over a month now. Done 3 racks of ribs, a pork shoulder, a chuck roast, and 3 chickens so far. Pretty good puddle forming. Tonight I looked in before setting up for a brisket. Decided the puddle had to go. Method: Lift, tip, dump on ground. Seemed to work. :mrgreen:

I have an ash catcher attached to the charcoal basket on both of my UDSs. now. On my old UDS, which didn't have anything to catch ashes/grease, i would simply take the basket and racks out and dump everything out.

I'm afraid that washing/rinsing will effect the seasoning of the smoker. Maybe not.

Back