THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If yer not dead set on using water in your pan you can line the old one with foil, fill half way with sand & then cover that with foil. That's all I use with my UDS & ECB & they do just fine.... YMMV. Cheers!!!

Just double checking. It's the brinkmann Charcoal pan and not the brinkmann water pan I need as the replacement for my WSM water pan? I don't have an academy so I will have to ship anything I order to me.

Yes it's the brinkmann charcoal pan you want, not the water pan. It fits the 18.5 WSM perfectly.

Cleaned it out and built a nice hot fire today. Not sure the exact temp. since I don't have a thermometer in the lid but using my themrpen through the exhaust it was reading 325 and still moving up. Tomorrow will hopefully be my first cook of chicken at 325-350 to get a nice coating in there. Then hopefully there will be 16lbs worth of butts on there Saturday.

Back