THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uncblue

Full Fledged Farker
A few weeks back, I scored a 22.5" Weber Silver Kettle that had been used only a handful of times with a cover, Weber Chimney, & some Kingsford for $50...
image-8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Well..... I stumbled across a Performer on CL with cover and charcoal baskets. and couple bags of Kingsford today so I set the hook, I mean appt to go see it..drove 25 miles to get there..asking price was $150... Negotiated him down to $90..

Before making the drive, I went ahead and posted my Kettle above without the chimney for $75...By the time I got home and unloaded the Performer, I already had an email and #....called & he was at the house in 15 mins with cash in hand...

Just enough time to spray out the Performer, check the Touch/Go system, & load it up for a clean out burn...She was running 500+ by the time he got there for the kettle :loco:

Today was a good day :boxing:

I bought a goodie on CL - I just wanted on piece of it - I sold the rest to a buddy who was VERY happy to get it. One CL buy made two of us happy :cool:

Thanks all. I just picked up 80lbs of Kingsfordvtonight from Lowes for 12.99/40lb; nice cost savings over lump for those hot & fast cooks

Funny chit - wife is upstairs and looks out a bedroom window and sees it sitting on the ground by the deck; says I thought u sold the weber. Told her I did...starts shaking her head & she says so u bought "another grill". All I could do was smile & tell her it was a good deal.

Back