THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Cider Brined Pork Chops

Sorry, but it was getting dark and the photos are not the best.....

Found some center cut loin chops on sale Friday
enhance

Brined with Oakridge Game Changer Brine mixed with apple cider in a Zip-Loc bag overnight.
I Knew I wasn't able to cook them yesterday, as I knew I would be gone in the morning and afternoon; so I made the brine half strength to accommodate a long 24 hour bath.
enhance

Started the kettle with a paper towel drizzled with cooking oil.
enhance

Started with sliced potatoes, inserted onion slices in between the potato slices, added butter, and Pennsylvania Pepper; then tightly wrapped them in foil.
For those who can't get Pennsylvania Pepper from their spice supplier, Lawry's Seasoned Pepper is a close substitute. (blended from black pepper, onion, garlic, roasted red bell pepper, green bell pepper and celery seed)
enhance

Decided to use two different sauces as the finishing glazes, Why? Because I was testing the family's taste preference.
Yes Dear Yellow Sauce, slightly sweet and full of flavor / Yes Dear Competition Sauce, truly a zesty sauce, with a hint of sweet, a hint of heat, and finally ending in a tangy note.
Yes, the new
Competition Sauce was just recently released so it doesn't have a label yet, but it's in the works..
enhance

Potatoes are half done, so I dusted them with Oakridge Secret Weapon BBQ Rub and started half the chops.
enhance

enhance

enhance

Time to eat
enhance

While the family has always loved the Yes Dear Yellow Sauce, unanimously, they all agreed that the new Yes Dear Competition is definitely the winner today. It reminds me of the Purple Pork Masters Competition Sauce that was the bomb before it disappeared from the market.

Back