Chuckie, Stewie and Two New Toys (heavy pron)

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Parental Assigned Label
Made a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond today, and then a stop at Costco for some ingredients for stew.

I've been looking for an oil mister (like many of you I use EVOO to coat veggies or meat before cooking). Just been using a basting brush or the back of a spoon but been wanting a mister. Also been looking for a battery operated pepper grinder. I like to use fresh ground for my recipes and rubs. I have an electric coffee/spice grinder but it's a pain to pull out for when I just need a tablespoon or two...and I'm lazy enough that I'm not crazy about the manual twist top. So I started with the two toys. And then needed a reason to use them.

Went with the Misto and the Sharper Image grinder.

Nice little Chuckie.

Trimmed, sprayed with a fine mist of EVOO and seasoned with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.

Went with the MT today. A little hickory and some cherry woods. Low 30s outside but one half of the charcoal bucket with about 20 lit dumped on another 20 unlit held me at about 250-275 for 2 hours.

After 2 hours IT at 165.... time to pull it off

Sliced, trimmed and then cubed.

In the pot with 30 oz of beef stock, worstershire, can of tomato sauce, onion powder, roasted garlic powder and some more fresh ground pepper. Simmered for about an hour.

Added onion, celery, mushroom, carrots, turnip and potato.

Simmered again for another 1.5 hours. A little cornstarch to thicken it and ready to eat! Served with a half baked sourdough loaf right out of the oven. I'll do this one again!

Nice toys! I HAD a similar pepper grinder till last week I was making soup wanted some pepper and the entire bottom of unit broke off and fell in pot. It was a peppery batch to say the least

Back