THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's my method for mouth watering Chuckie

1.) Rub with S&P add some garlic and onion powder to taste
2.) Smoke at 275* over wood of choice until the IT is 160*
3.) Put the roast in a pan and fill with beef broth, rough cut bell peppers and onions. As a gage you want the bottom third of the chuckie in the mixture
4.) Cover with foil and put back on the smoker, or in the oven at 250*275* until it is falling apart.
5.) Remove from cooker and shred to discard all of the fat
6.) Put back in cooker to reduce the juices by 1/2
7.) Mix it all up real good
8.) Eat

Try this it may get you closer to what you want.

I am doing this today. IT is at 145* right now and doing nicely... Thanks for this. Wifey and I can't wait for it to be done!!! :razz:

I'm attempting one as I type.......marinaded for 24 hrs , no rub....we'll see how it turns out. I have done Round Roasts in Smoker and pulled at 190 IT and rested for 1 hr and they were Tough so I put all the slices in glass casserole dish and added half a jar of Spicy Brown Mustard and about half a Carton of Beef broth and popped in Oven at 250* for 2 more hours and it was REALLY Good.

^^^that. :thumb:

I'm not a big panner/foiler but I've found that chuckies do well being panned/foiled etc. I certainly get better results that way. Also - I've tried coasting up to a done temp during the rest and it never worked out for me. I think you gotta cook it proper and rest it proper - I'm guessing there are some folks who can nail a cook that way but at this point I ain't one of 'em.

IMO it wouldn't hurt for you to simplify your process - you have some great advice here in this thread.

I've done one chuck roast, so I won't give any advice at the risk of sounding like one of those "internet experts".
But Here's my thread. I had some stress and resulting questions as the cook took place. Hopefully, you and anybody else can learn from our combined noob-ness.

Back