THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aggie12

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Aggie
Found a super good deal on some choice Chuck roasts, so here is the 2nd one I’ve made this week. For reference, round 1 can be found here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288067

This time, I decided to go barbacoa. Seasoned it up, and tossed it in the kettle for a few hours.

50715460382_4386b52327_z.jpg

Then put it in a foil pan with a diced up red onion, a couple garlic cloves, some bay leaves, a couple chiles in adobo, and several limes worth of lime juice. Then I put in some apple cider vinegar and beef stock, covered it up with foil and stuck it back in the smoker until it was fork tender.

50715378871_6774e00866_z.jpg

50715378796_da75a2ce26_z.jpg

50714646838_a777633a8a_z.jpg

Served up on some corn tortillas and topped with sour cream, avocado, tomato, cilantro, and cotija cheese.

50715460282_f340617f5b_z.jpg

Looks delicious. I remember the good old days when I used to work from home and could BBQ any day of the week.

Excellent! If you don’t mind, I’m going to lift that recipe and give it a whirl?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great looking tacos. I was going to use my left over pull chuck and makes some tacos but, had them all with scrambled eggs and hot salt

Excellent! If you don’t mind, I’m going to lift that recipe and give it a whirl?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go for it! Here is the base recipe. I didn’t follow it exactly this time, mostly in that I just didn’t bother measuring everything out, and just threw some basic seasonings on the meat before smoking, but I have made it as written on some venison neck roast in the past and it was fantastic that way as well.

https://honest-food.net/barbacoa-recipe-venison/

Back