THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember Chuck, if you plan on competing in TX, you turn in 1/2 a chicken and the ribs must be spares. And if I recall, brisket is due by 3pm Sat. Tony, Deez and KellerSteeler are the locals that I can think of that competes.

The rules are saying "Brisket, Ribs (beef or pork), Chicken (must be whole) and Wild Game."

Turn in times are:
10:00 AM Chicken
11:00 AM Ribs
12:45 PM Wild Game (we aren't doing this catagory)
4:00 PM Brisket

From what I understand, you cannot enter the competition area until 6AM.

If that is the case and brisket turn in is at 4PM, is this enough time for a brisket?

Thillin or anyone else gonna be there? It's Sept 19 & 20 at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine. Unsanctioned event with max 40 teams.

Finally found a few minutes to put my nickle in.

Brisket:
We cook CAB packers 11 pounds and up. Have cooked everything I can find from WM Select to Kobi and in-between. We can fark up any grade or quality of meat, including Kobi :oops:
Finally gave up shopping and just buy CAB by the case. Cost effective and extremely consistent. The freezer is our friend once they are aged.

Do you compete with previously-frozen briskets? Have you noticed any quality degredation when cooking a previously-frozen brisket? Thanks.

Erik

The rules are saying "Brisket, Ribs (beef or pork), Chicken (must be whole) and Wild Game."

Turn in times are:
10:00 AM Chicken
11:00 AM Ribs
12:45 PM Wild Game (we aren't doing this catagory)
4:00 PM Brisket

From what I understand, you cannot enter the competition area until 6AM.

If that is the case and brisket turn in is at 4PM, is this enough time for a brisket?

Thillin or anyone else gonna be there? It's Sept 19 & 20 at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine. Unsanctioned event with max 40 teams.

The way I would do it is the fast brisket method. Cook up a full brisket at 350 (has to be a full brisket) until the point gets to 170 then wrap in foil, pull and rest for 1 hour. Takes about 5.5 hours, depending on the size of the brisket

Can't make it due to working Saturdays at the moment.

You should have plenty of time. I'm guessing the 6am thing is for Friday morning. Find out what time cooking can start. I'm sure you should be able to start Friday evening.

Back