THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I know this isn't BBQ, but I figured you might enjoy this photo anyways--snapped it about an hour ago. I wanted the photo to be special to send my grandmother, so I did an artistic shoot including the recipe she wrote me in a letter recently.

Chocolate Fudge w/ Walnuts

My grandmother always made the most delicious chocolate fudge with walnuts ever since I can remember. She's 87 now and I missed her fudge. I hadn't had it in a while and asked her if she could give me the recipe so I could make it myself.

She kindly shared the recipe with me in the form of a letter she wrote me--as shown in this capture. It is a recipe from Aunt Ruth, my grandfather's sister.

It was just like I remembered: airy, creamy, buttery and nutty chocolate goodness.

2nvvw9g.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty. I would have taken it to Photoshop and increased the contrast a little. Then I might have reduced the brightness.. Makes a lot of difference. Stuff looks great though!! :)

Thanks, I edited it just now and increased the contrast, which dimmed it a little as well. I agree it looks better.

Did a gradient exposure filter--centered on the dish of fudge--in Lightroom, to give it the effect of a snooted flash. Do you like this better Marty? Is it bright enough?

192hj7.jpg

Last edited:
That would go great with the glass of red wine I am enjoying..

Love old family recipes, and so nice of you to take the picture for your grandmother. I am sure it will mean a lot to her.

Care to share?

That would go great with the glass of red wine I am enjoying..

Love old family recipes, and so nice of you to take the picture for your grandmother. I am sure it will mean a lot to her.

Care to share?

I'll blog the recipe and share it :) I want to set up a blog soon.

Back