THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
christian
Hey All,

I' am gonna try and Frankenstein me some chili in my crock pot lol.

2 lbs ground
1 poblano
1 jalapeno
1 bell pepper
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
1 can red beans
1 can chili beans
1 can rotel tomatoes and green peppers
1 package McCormick chili seasoning1 cup beef broth

parboiled the veggies and browned the meat first. only thing I am worried about is not having enough bean to meat ratio /shrug guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Add another McCormick pack or some chili powder. Those packs are supposed to season 1 pound of beef.A can of mater sauce will not hurt either.It looks really good from the pic.Glad you made REAL chili with BEANS!

done

yeah I agree nother package would have been better. Otherwise not bad for first Frankenstein attempt :<). ratio of stuff was fine.... gonna do the corn bread tommorrow been drinkin all day lol

Last edited:
I like the colors in the first picture. I agree with more chili powder and tomatoes. One odd step was parboiling the veggies. Why would you do that? Did you use the boiled water in the chili? Just curious.

Thanks,

Robert

My secret ingredient is beer. One for the chili and one for me. :p

Seriously though, a nice dark beer adds some depth to it. Oktoberfest, Brown, Porter, some stouts.

And smoked brisket is my meat of choice. I'm gonna do some this week with pork as I'm out of brisket . . . :cry:

I like the colors in the first picture. I agree with more chili powder and tomatoes. One odd step was parboiling the veggies. Why would you do that? Did you use the boiled water in the chili? Just curious.

Thanks,

Robert

Bad wording kinda I kooked the veggies in the juices from the meat but i only cooked em a little to get the flavor.. getting to be that time of year for sure.. cold lol. Wish I could do it with a thicker consistency.. not a fan of chili soup. makin the corn bread muffins now

Back