THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Wanted to try some different seasonings on thighs and see how they turned out, my go to chicken seasonings lately has been Loot N Boot Everything Rub with a dusting of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning or BPS Little Louie's Garlic Salt w/Black Pepper, left the Little Louie's on the sideline tonight. I seasoned some of the other thighs with BPS Dessert Gold and Oakridge BBQ Smoky Chile Lime Finishing Salt. Can you pick out the Desert Gold? :razz:

yP8Sslm.jpg

fA0ZdJ1.jpg

When I first put the thighs on, throttled the bottom vent back and let it cruise at 380

LaQC55R.jpg

30min in (sorry about the pic losing light)

HOfTKra.jpg

Pulled around 50min, skin was nice and crisp.

9ZV2zv9.jpg

All were tasty but my favorite thighs out of the 3 were the Oakridge seasoned thighs, next week I'm going to grill up some SmittyJonz Man Chops using the Oakridge seasoning and BPS Cuckoo Racha Chili Dust, stay tuned. :grin:

You know that fake fried Okra you cook in the oven?? Almond flour-panko? Bride makes it not sure. I’ve been thinking about that with chicken breast and a knock off Cain’s Dipping Sauce. Breast is my least favorite of chicken parts- our Bride’s think alike. I’ll eat it though- but to me the breast is the rice cake of the bird.

Breast is my least favorite of chicken parts- our Bride’s think alike. I’ll eat it though- but to me the breast is the rice cake of the bird.

Most of America prefers the boneless skinless (tasteless) breasts. Fine with me though, as it keeps the good stuff cheap. 99 cents/lb? I'll take that!

You know that fake fried Okra you cook in the oven?? Almond flour-panko? Bride makes it not sure. I’ve been thinking about that with chicken breast and a knock off Cain’s Dipping Sauce. Breast is my least favorite of chicken parts- our Bride’s think alike. I’ll eat it though- but to me the breast is the rice cake of the bird.
Couldn't have said it better.

Looks great! Glad you like the new Smoky Chile Lime Salt prototype. Wait till you try it on the pork chops... It will blow your mind. :thumb: :thumb:

Looks great! Glad you like the new Smoky Chile Lime Salt prototype. Wait till you try it on the pork chops... It will blow your mind. :thumb: :thumb:
And a big thank you Mike for sending me a free package of the SCLS along with my order of Carne Crosta (best steak and burger seasoning ever) and Santa Maria grill seasoning order. I haven't tried the Santa Maria yet but I have a Tri Tip that I want to cook up soon and looking forward to using the Santa Maria.

Thanks again.

Excellent looking thighs, man.

You nailed it down with that cook.

Tasty looking results.

You have me wanting to do some yardbird tomorrow.

Excellent looking thighs, man.

You nailed it down with that cook.

Tasty looking results.

You have me wanting to do some yardbird tomorrow.
Thanks Dub, dust that yardbird with a little Tony's and give it some kick, Slap ya Momma would be good too. See what you think? :grin:

Nice work with the vortex. They look really good.

Did you close the bottom vents some run open?
I did throttle back the bottom vent, going todo some wings soon think I'll leave it wide open and see what happens.

Back