THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I know there are a lot of Chicken Shawarma posts, including some of my own, but the dish never seems to get boring. It's always fun to change things up a bit and the results are always delicious. So, a midweek Chicken Shawarma on the Golden's for you....

I normally use boneless, skinless thighs but this time had bone-in thighs with skin. Heck, it's just a marinade for chicken and who cares if I have to cut meat off the bone prior to serving. I prepared the marinade early this morning and let the chicken absorb all that goodness for almost 12 hours. No pics, too early at 5:30am to be fiddling with the phone. But the marinade was spot on!

The Golden's coming up to temp and just about ready for some grillin' -

Ring o' thighs around the cooler perimeter -

A nice flame shot as they're being taken off the grill -

No time today to make homemade Na'an, so store bought will have to do. Served with black beans, diced cucumber, tomatoes, avocado. The Shawarma sauce is non-traditional as the Mrs doesn't like the yogurt base so I substitute sour cream.

And plated -

This dish never fails. It's always delicious. And it's always fun to serve it with whatever fresh veggies we have on hand. There's a ton of leftover thighs, so this weekend's meals will be good ones. Perhaps tomorrow I'll make some Na'an to go with it.

Thanks for checking out tonite's dinner!

-lunchman

Back