Chicken Shawarma on the Golden's

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I know there are a lot of Chicken Shawarma posts, including some of my own, but the dish never seems to get boring. It's always fun to change things up a bit and the results are always delicious. So, a midweek Chicken Shawarma on the Golden's for you....

I normally use boneless, skinless thighs but this time had bone-in thighs with skin. Heck, it's just a marinade for chicken and who cares if I have to cut meat off the bone prior to serving. I prepared the marinade early this morning and let the chicken absorb all that goodness for almost 12 hours. No pics, too early at 5:30am to be fiddling with the phone. But the marinade was spot on!

The Golden's coming up to temp and just about ready for some grillin' -

Ring o' thighs around the cooler perimeter -

A nice flame shot as they're being taken off the grill -

No time today to make homemade Na'an, so store bought will have to do. Served with black beans, diced cucumber, tomatoes, avocado. The Shawarma sauce is non-traditional as the Mrs doesn't like the yogurt base so I substitute sour cream.

And plated -

This dish never fails. It's always delicious. And it's always fun to serve it with whatever fresh veggies we have on hand. There's a ton of leftover thighs, so this weekend's meals will be good ones. Perhaps tomorrow I'll make some Na'an to go with it.

Thanks for checking out tonite's dinner!

-lunchman

Nothing wrong with this at all! I would hit that plate hard.

That looks delicious! :thumb:

Last edited:
Back