Chicken Safety - Pasteurisation - Myths

OK but I still aint going there, I'm a firm believer there is such a thing as Junk science... do the words "Man Caused Global Warming" ring a Bell:twitch: maybe we should extinguish our cooking fires:loco: :icon_shy

OK but I still aint going there

I'm not saying you have to go there, I'm just saying you could if you wanted to. I certainly wouldn't want to eat chicken that was cooked for 81.4 minutes at 136º F; the texture would be horrible.

I'm a firm believer there is such a thing as Junk science...

As I happen to have some professional experience with sterilization, I can confirm that the USDA tables I linked to are definitely not "junk science".

do the words "Man Caused Global Warming" ring a Bell:twitch:

It's going to take a heck of a lot longer to cook your chicken if that's your heat source. :wink:

It seems we maybe winning in that it is moving to a concensus one should make sure chicken is cooked so that it is SAFE and that its temperature may not necessarily reach 165F. Further many like their chicken well cooked and that is clearly a personal choice.
The brethren provide a great forum for a discussion that can proceed with intelligence and humour.
John

null_zps98979bf6.jpg

It seems we maybe winning in that it is moving to a concensus one should make sure chicken is cooked so that it is SAFE and that its temperature may not necessarily reach 165F. Further many like their chicken well cooked and that is clearly a personal choice.
The brethren provide a great forum for a discussion that can proceed with intelligence and humour.
John

Ja! Naturlich mein freund. Dieser platz ist NICHT kaputt!!!

When it comes to chicken I just don't want to mess around. I get a few chefs here and there who want to sous vid but when it comes to my food safety class its 165. When it comes to health Dept restaurant inspections 165 is the only number sous vid or not. Also I believe all bbq associations require chicken cooked until 165 and held at 140.
ddweatherholtz;Ich selbst bin nicht gebrochen!

Sie sind auf jeden Fall gebrochen, aber Sie können repariert werden:wacko:

Back