THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like a teriyaki style. I don't remember the exact recipe, it's at home. Pineapple juice, Dales Sauce, I think a shot of cider vinegar, brown sugar, maybe some onion powder. I can get the exact recipe when I get home. There's enough sweet to it but not so much to want to burn.

I like a teriyaki style. I don't remember the exact recipe, it's at home. Pineapple juice, Dales Sauce, I think a shot of cider vinegar, brown sugar, maybe some onion powder. I can get the exact recipe when I get home. There's enough sweet to it but not so much to want to burn.

That one sounds good! I'd like to give it a try as well...

I think this one came from Patio Dadio

1 large bottle (24 oz) Zesty Italian salad dressing (a cheap store brand is fine)
8 cups (just shy of 2 liters) Ginger ale

Method
Pour the ginger ale into a large mixing bowl.

Add the salad dressing and whisk to combine.

Put your chicken in gallon zip-top bags and add enough marinade to each
bag to completely cover the chicken.

Seal the bags, removing the excess air.

Put the bags in a large pan in the refrigerator and marinate 3-6 hours.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain.

Grill or smoke the chicken as you normally would.

Here is my marinade. With chicken I use sherry.

Brians pineapple whiskey teriyaki marinade
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup whiskey (Or rum, white wine, sherry, or liquor of your choice, and depending what you are marinating.)
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 6 oz can pineapple juice
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp ginger
Cut up onion, and put it and all ingredients in a blender and liquefy.
Pour over meat in a plastic storage bag, and for at least 2 hrs. Massage and turn the bag over every hr.

Those are all awesome recipes, I think I will try a couple this weekend. Has anybody tried a vacuum marinator (like Foodsaver) to get the marinade into the meat?

They all work don't believe me Try it! He wants sweet different and flavorful, all soda has a lil acid in it just like Eyetalian dressin and all the other concoctions listed, it has sweetness, and flavor smart folk mix a lil salt into it for a lil brine action. Gatoraides has sugar & salts too just add chicken.

Do you have a flavor of choice on the gatoraide?

I like to cook chicken at 325 or above. At temps that high, sugar marinades will tend to burn and make your meat turn black and possibly even bitter. I believe that if you use a sugar marinade, temp should be kept below 300.

If you want a sweet kick to your chicken, sprinkle a little Butcher BBQ Honey Rub on top of your base rub. Really good on chicken and ribs as a top coat. Alternatively, Kosmo's makes a product called Killer Bee. I find it a little saltier that Butcher BBQ; and I like the Killer Bee Chipotle better than the plain. Can't go wrong with any of these.

Back