THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I wasn't planning on posting grilling pics this weekend, but my wife asked for pizza today. We could either go out and get one which is always an option but my vote was for making my own. Especially having watched a Blackstone griddle video posted a day or two ago for a Steak Flatbread Arugula pizza, I decided to give one a try on the Blackstone. Instead of steak, I opted to use chicken.

I headed to the market, picked up chicken breast tenderloins, Naan flatbread, Ranch dressing, Feta cheese and Arugula. I seasoned some of the tenderloins with Montreal Chicken, the rest with McCormick Southwestern. On to the griddle to cook, along with some red and yellow peppers.

Sorry, no pics of anything sizzling away on the Blackstone, nothing too exciting about cooking chicken and peppers. Once they were done, the flatbread went on for a few minutes each side to warm up and get a bit golden brown. I know, I didn't even bother making my own for this cook.

Back inside, spoon on some Ranch dressing, followed by the cut up chicken and peppers. Lay on some mozzarella, followed by Arugula and Feta, topped with more mozzarella. Back out onto the Blackstone for about 5-8 minutes under a dome lid to melt the cheese and it's done.

Once the cheese has melted, give it a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar and it's ready to serve. My apologies for the lack of pics with this post. Here's my favorite 18 yr aged Balsamic -

and here's the one lone pic of the finished Flatbread Pizza -

Hiding under all that is chicken, grilled peppers and Feta, with a drizzle of the Balsamic on top. Honestly, I should have taken more pics as this turned out to be restaurant quality, artisan flatbread pizza. We each made our own and my wife insists that I make it again this week.

On the next go round, I'll get some more photos of construction and the flatbread grilling (w/o the dome) out on the Blackstone.

Maybe it was the Arugula, perhaps it was the Feta, pretty certain it was the aged Balsamic, but the combination was hard to beat. This was one of the best pizzas I've ever tossed together and it was incredibly simple to make.

Store bought ingredients, no sauce to prepare, hardly any grilling and it turned out fantastic. I'm overly impressed with the stuff I can turn out on this griddle!

Regards,
-lunchman

Love it!

Haven't been in a while but CPK had an arugula flatbread/pizza that I used to absolutely love and yours is a waaaay kicked up version of that. Looking killer as usual lunchman!

Oh, wow... That looks fantastic!

Love the aged balsamic... need to learn more about that side of the house.

You said it - Arugula, Feta, Aged Balsamic - That's a win in my book.

Day 2

As promised, Day 2 of Lunchman's Pizza Kitchen! With of course, more pics.

Since the chicken was grilled yesterday, all it needed was a reheat on the griddle. But I was low on grilled peppers, so more red peppers were added to the mix. These Wheat Flatbreads had already been griddled yesterday (right, like we were each eating two of these flatbreads in one sitting yesterday. What was I thinking?) so all they needed was to be warmed a bit -

Chicken and peppers cut up and ready for making pizzas -

Lay down a base of Ranch dressing -

At the LPK, there is no skimping on ingredients! We put down a good helping of chicken and peppers :tongue: -

Followed by Feta -

And topped with Arugula, Mozzarella and Cheddar, and for an added twist on mine some Cherry Tomatoes fresh from my wife's garden. Two flatbreads, carried outside on pizza peels, ready to go on the Blackstone -

Mine -

The Mrs -

Onto the griddle they go, ready to be covered to help melt the cheese -

Since the flatbreads had been griddled yesterday, these are as done as they're gonna get today so the cheese isn't as melted as I would like. But I don't want to risk burning the bottoms even though the griddle is set to low -

Ready to be cut -

Looking good -

Drizzled with two types of Balsamic today. The 18 yr aged and a Summer Peach White Balsamic, also from Fiore's -

Although it looks dark in this photo, the bottom was perfect. It had a nice crunch to it and lunch was as good today as it was yesterday.

If you can find the time to make these, do so. They're simple to make, you don't need a Blackstone. You could do these on a Weber kettle, a Kamado, an offset, whatever.

As always, thanks for following along with this post. And yeah, I'm still having fun out in the backyard as you can probably tell. :-D

Regards,
-lunchman

Back