THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Cooked a chicken.

PICT5694_zpsyhxlilx9.jpg

We ate some of it. Shredded what we didn't.

PICT5750_zpsudbvdhm2.jpg

Got out the last of my Hatch chilies stash.

PICT5745_zpsfebi64iq.jpg

Pureed chilies, chopped onion, my favorite Mex cheese & the missing sour cream.

PICT5762_zps5a7y2skm.jpg

All set (except the sour cream is still missing)

PICT5767_zpsofsiudgm.jpg

Lightly brushed both sides of the tortilla with canola oil & heated until soft.

PICT5772_zpsyd8zbft1.jpg

Assembled the enchs: sour cream, cheese, onion, chicken & a dollop of sauce.

PICT5786_zpss0fgtqcc.jpg

Got them rolled.

PICT5787_zpsdfedt1zw.jpg

Topped with the rest of the sauce & into the gasser - 350* & 30 minutes or so.

PICT5798_zpsu3lnowey.jpg

Fried some beans.

PICT5799_zpskttgvfve.jpg

Meanwhile... topped the enchiladas with the rest of the cheese & back in the gasser to melt.

Fried some eggs.

PICT5811_zpsx53fkbtg.jpg

The enchiladas are ready.

PICT5804_zpse7kli2r8.jpg

Time To Eat!

PICT5812_zpse7uxqibl.jpg

¡Oh, si!

fwiw - The smoked chicken really gives the enchiladas a great flavor (and I really did use sour cream - think it was camera shy).

Used the last of my free sample of Weber charcoal for this cook. Good stuff - burns a long time & was just the ticket.
Am going to break down & buy a bag - use it for special occasions.

Tell me about your bean recpie :)

Sure. Fried beans are EZ to do.

You need a CI skillet, spatula, bean masher (recommended), lard, 3 jalapenos (or whatever chili/quantity you like), 1/2 a medium white onion chopped, 3 big cloves garlic (minced), a big can (1 lb, 13 oz) of pinto beans (I like Goya brand) & regular everyday garden variety salt..

My wife doesn't like real spicy beans so I core, seed & chop the jalapenos.

Heat the lard over med/high heat & saute the onions & chilis for 4 minutes. Add the garlic & cook for another 30 seconds or so - don't let it burn. Add the can of beans with liquid & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer & mash them to your liking. I prefer leaving about half the beans whole. Let simmer for a while to get the flavors to mingle. Season with salt - it doesn't take much. You can thin the beans with a little water if they become too thick.

They are real good topped with Cotija cheese at serving time.

The more lard you use, the silkier the beans become. I use about 1 1/2 tablespoon.

You can use a fork or potato masher if you don't have a bean masher.

Last edited:
Back