THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Awhile ago we had a great chicken burger from a food truck at a festival. I decided on the spot I was gonna copy it.

The original had a boneless, skinless chicken thigh, I decided to make actual burgers from leg meat and skin. 100% meat, no filler, glad they didn't fall apart. Liberally rubbed and grilled on the mini-kamado.

The sauce tasted like some of the shelf black pepper sauce and I selected which one I had in mind. And I think I was right.

Finally, there were some slices of apple to add some acidity and crunch.

The outcome was as close as possible and very tasty. Will be doing this again for sure.

154671a31cd4684b81e62a2c5aef4ee2.jpg

7a1c345014105ed72bf33d4934e3fa56.jpg

ee57bed794ed97cc5016165acef1d426.jpg

d4adaabfc8222a2e2f8eb5ad34e1ab90.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

That looks and sounds great! Did all those slices of apple not outshine the meat? I would want to grill the apples for 30 seconds or so each side to give a little less crunch.

My wife would like this, but I won’t do ground chicken. Just something about it cuz I will do turkey if I have to.
Did you grind or just fine chop and bind together?
Looks pretty tasty!

That looks and sounds great! Did all those slices of apple not outshine the meat? I would want to grill the apples for 30 seconds or so each side to give a little less crunch.

I actually took 1 out before taking a bite.
Should have sliced them thinner.
Now grilling them sounds like a great idea!

Back