THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone tried a spatchcock chicken on a hook? It looks like things would fit better this way.

For no particular reason, I have not hung a spatchcocked bird in my PBC as of yet. However I have hung numerous spatchcocked ones in my Shirley warmer and Vault using the PBC hooks. On a separate note, all of the grub looks fantastic my friend. Awesome job from take off to touch down. Way to put the PBC to work. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very nice plate of food We use to do mayo chicken several years ago- it was very good My wife use to make a mayo chocolate cake that was also very good and really moist

Thanks everyone, didn't expect to see this thread again.

I don't remember the exact cook times, but I think it was about 2 hours for the chicken and about 4 hours for the ribs.

Lately I've been hanging half chickens in the PBC. The legs always look like they might fall off but I haven't dropped one yet. I've had to crack the lid a few times due to lots of drippings cooling down the fire.

Thanks. 2 hrs for chicken. 4 for ribs and I still took them off at 190. Wife lives the chicken and doesn't want it corked any other way. BTW.. I took a metal skewer and skewered the leg through the thigh.

Back