THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks... I think we'll be there. I sent him an e-mail with a couple of questions before i decide for sure.

You're emailing Roger right? If not, you can email me as I am trying to keep my finger on the pulse, so I know most of what is going on or shold be going on...

It should be a fun day if nothing else Ron.

Hi Scottie, won't be able to make your contest but happy to donate to the cause. Keep up the good work and have fun.
Phred
Good One Smoker & Grill
Bunch of dutch ovens

You're emailing Roger right? If not, you can email me as I am trying to keep my finger on the pulse, so I know most of what is going on or shold be going on...

It should be a fun day if nothing else Ron.

Yep... Roger. i just forwarded the e-mail to you. I didn't wan to bug you too much. :-D

Hi Scottie, won't be able to make your contest but happy to donate to the cause. Keep up the good work and have fun.
Phred
Good One Smoker & Grill
Bunch of dutch ovens

Good seeing you here Fred. You wil have to go over to the Cattle Call and introduce yourself...

Scottie

From this angle you can enjoy my mullet. The other pic is my first ever BBQ trophy.

Attachments

• Pictures part 2 540.jpg
    Pictures part 2 540.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Pictures part 2 543.jpg
    Pictures part 2 543.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 38
Send me a PM Greg. But you can cook it as well. Turn-ins don't start until 2:30 on Saturday. I might show up at 6:00 am and take a 3 hour nap... :cool:

We had a great time at this benefit cook off. The state was nice and the weather was fantastic! We ended up with only 10 teams but if they decide to do this again there was room for probably another 10 to setup if they used the parking area as well.

I don't remember all of the results so maybe some one else can fill in the blanks, but here is what I remember...

Sausage
1. Porkrastinators (Scott only, Seth was missing)
3. Gravel throwing BBQ Company (a special guest :-D)
8. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que (don't know why. We used Greg's homemade polish sausage and it came out great)

Chicken
1. Bartlett Boneheads (I think)
4. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que

Ribs
1. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
2. Gravel Throwing BBQ Company

Overall
1. Bartlett Boneheads
2. KRE Smokers
3. Gravel Throwing BBQ Company
4. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que

Here are some pictures...

Last edited:
KRE was RGC...

Gravel Throwing BBQ Company was 3rd Sausage, 2nd in ribs, 8th in chicken (I suck) and 3rd overall.

Had a real good time. We were able to raise a nice chunk of change for cancer research.

Thanks to all involved!!!!

Scottie

Back