Chest to Chest---Sad Announcement

bignburlyman

is one Smokin' Farker
With deep regret I have been informed that the 12th Annual Central Kansas BBQ Cookoff and the 7th Annual Chest to Chest National Brisket Championship have been cancelled. The Barton County Fair board voted not to provide support for the contests this summer. Currently plans are being discussed to hold the Chest to Chest invitational in conjunction with the Kansas Winter Q contest in February 2012. The Chest to Chest qualifiers from 2010 and 2011 would be invited to compete. This is only in the early planning stage so it is subject to change.

I was only told last week of this decision, when I know more I will pass it on.

David Keyse
BBQ Committee

Talked to Kent Romine couple of weeks ago and, of course, Rich and I were devestated BUT! We will be planning to come out whenever it is rescheduled. Keep us posted!!

Rich and Bunny Tuttle
KCass BBQ Team

That's too bad. I was fortunate enough to come up there a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed it. Cooks dinner at 4 Legs Up for Chest to Chest, a really cool trophy, and the meat for people's choice was provided, as were local members of the National Guard to distribute the samples at a central location. I had a great time!

We'll look forward to it for the next go-around. Was really looking forward to it this summer, as I missed last year due to a previously planned event when they had the schedule change. We're in for the next one...

Looks like I'm headed back to re-look at my scheduled events. Makes 3 contest for me that are happening this year :-(

Back