THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mrdeville

Full Fledged Farker
Which do you prefer? I was able to get my hands on some cherry at a good price. Now I was thinking about buying peach wood. This guy wants double for what I payed for my cherry wood. I may just have to stick with my cherry...ya know.

I have just recently started to mix the two. I really like cherry on some things but the both of them together is pretty darn good too.

Cherry is such a good wood that I would stick with it unless I could try the peach for free. For me, fruit woods are quite similar.

I agree with dadsr4, I like cherry and really wouldn't switch without some major taste or burn time difference. Or both.

I've never smelled peach wood, burning or not.

Try a small sample.

Personally, cherry is by far my favorite. Sometimes I even throw some in the wood stove, for the neighbors. :wink:

I do love Cherry. Have 5 trees seasoning as I write. Peach is a FABULOUS fruit wood to use for smoking. Much harder to find around here, but do give it a go. You will really like it!

of course I had 2 large trash bags full of cherry wood scraps in the garage, but my wife took it all to the dump when I wasn't around. Pure defiance I think.
So....what to do ? Go with the bovine bold ? Bold she was !
Maybe the death dust is more appropriate.
But I would really need a bigger cooker if i'm gonna fit her in all in one piece. :wink:

As you can you see I like cherry! Unless you preferred the flavor put out by peach exponentially more than that of cherry I'd stick with cherry. And a little pecan obviously!

The other important question is how much of a supply of peach are you talking? I'd never use something that was way more costly than my current "go to" woods as my go to wood for comps or catering; maybe I'd buy a little and use if for special cooks? Use what is readily available in your area and mix and match woods to help add to your flavor profile.

I think I'd also look for someone else to buy peach wood from if they want double for it.

Attachments

Back