Chefs Table BBQ is up on Netflix

I'v been to Snow's a few times and its excellent. Not gonna lie it's not my favorite, but it's damn good and fun atmosphere. It's like a Backyard BBQ. Tootsie and Kerry are as nice as they can be. I had some Italian Friends fly in to go on a BBQ Crawl last year and it was one of the places they requested to go. I made the below video. Not my best work as I just started vlogging and I was just exhausted from 3 days of travel and waiting in BBQ Lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0cc9ZFpUzs

I watched the first episode - really well done.

I noticed that at Snows they cook on stick burners as well as coal pits. Does anyone know what meats are cooked on which?

Pork steaks on coal, but curious about the yard bird, turkey, chicken, sausage?

I watched the first episode - really well done.

I noticed that at Snows they cook on stick burners as well as coal pits. Does anyone know what meats are cooked on which?

Pork steaks on coal, but curious about the yard bird, turkey, chicken, sausage?
If I remember right, the offsets are for brisket and everything else was on the direct pits.

Watched 2 the other night, and 2 last night. Loved 'em all, but especially the Tootsie Tomanetz and Rodney Scott ones 'cause that's who I identify with most. Been to Snow's a couple times and love it. Briefly talked to Tootsie and she was real sweet. The pork steaks are some of my favorite eats on the planet and Snow's might be my overall favorite as far as food, experience, etc. Anybody who goes there and likes banana pudding should snag that - fanfarkingtastic.

Rodney Scott's has been on my bucket list for years...one of these days... He seems like a really cool farker.

The episode with the Mayan woman was fantastic as well - she is fierce about her roots and her cooking. What I really liked about her and Tootsie Tomanetz and Rodney Scott is that they were just doing what they do, and the world came to them. The Aussie guy was cool too, but the more simple down-to-earth types are more interesting to me. Great fire pron in his episode, though and his food does look very interesting. He obviously puts a huge amount of thought into what he does.

To be clear, the "Aussie" guy was actually an Englishman living is Australia. The wife is a Roo and would like that distinction known.

I liked them all, Rodney Scott episode was my favorite. My cousin moved somewhat close to there recently, when that visit happen we are making the pilgrimage to his restaurant.

I watched another episode last night.
The Rodney Scott story is just as good as Tootsies story.

The Rodney Scott episode is my favorite. I love Mrs. Tootsie, love the food, but I knew her story already. Still awesome, and I might prefer that one if I didn't know anything going into it. I didn't know much about Mr. Scott and I finished his episode very inspired. Both are great.

Seeing Mrs. Tootsie shovel that coal takes me back to how I learned to bbq. Would shovel the coals into the cooker. Feel the temp of the pit by hand....

...now I cook on a WSM and I wanna know the exact temperature of everything.

I still touch my WSM and my stick burner ....1/4 of a second on WSM 275. Full second 225

We just finished the final episode last night. Honestly, I enjoyed each and every one of them equally, just in different ways. The filming and lighting were superb, as well as the flow of content. The production quality was SUPERB.

I would love to see a bunch more of these featuring other BBQ/Fire Chefs from additional regions, both here in the U.S. and internationally. A few come to mind:

California/Santa Maria BBQ
Kansas City BBQ
South African Braii
Armenian BBQ
Argentina
Etc etc...

Moose,

Those are great ideas

Anyone see Nourish from PBS, hosted by Dr. Howard Conyers?

Maybe catching up with him would be a terrific addition to Chefs Table

Completely agree, Moose.

Anything with Francis Mallmann is worth your time, especially if interested in Argentine cooking. He's in Chef's Table, Season 1... I've watched that 3-4 times.

I'd love to see more South African Braai... There's a bit of that in the Barbecue Documentary that was either on Netflix or Amazon Prime - can't recall which at the moment.

Might start this one tonight. Warming up here in Downside up land. I might get inspired.

Just watched this last night. Amazing story of Snows bbq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back