THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
Recipe can not be any easier.

3 cups flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp honey
1 12 ounce can of beer.

Mix and pour into loaf pan.

For this recipe I chopped up 3 jalapeno's (2 were seeded so not too spicy) and added 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.

Jalapeno-cheddar-beer-bread.jpg

Jalapeno-cheddar-beer-bread-1.jpg

The beer can was just for the picture. Please don't try to cook the bread with a can of beer sitting on top! LOL

Jalapeno-cheddar-beer-bread-3.jpg

Jalapeno-cheddar-beer-bread-4.jpg

Top with a little more cheddar and back into the oven to melt.

Jalapeno-cheddar-beer-bread-5.jpg

Jalapeno-cheddar-beer-bread-6.jpg

Spread on some butter and enjoy!

Jalapeno-cheddar-beer-bread-7.jpg

This looks great!!!
Quick Question, I don't have any beer and don't care to buy a 6 pack just to make this, could I substitute a soda for the beer or something else?

This looks great!!!
Quick Question, I don't have any beer and don't care to buy a 6 pack just to make this, could I substitute a soda for the beer or something else?

That I'm not sure of. It may end up tasting more "cakey" if using soda, unless you tried plain soda water.

300 for about 50 mins. Using the bundt pan, I did 300 for about 40 mins. The thicker the loaf the longer it takes.

I can assure the possibility of buying a single can of ice cold beer at nearly every gas station in this great nation, plus they will put it in it's own little brown paper bag for your convenience!
Ed

Back