THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
I have been off since the fall and got a catering event for next weekend for 250 people. I will be dropping this off for an event planner who gets me some good events so I may be a little high on my numbers and that is ok with me, I just want to make sure there is enough. Let me know what you think, thanks.

Pulled Pork 85lbs cooked weight
Baked Beans 6 full 2 1/2" pans
Mac n Cheese 7 full 2 1/2" pans
Cole Slaw made from 50lbs cabbage

If I'm short or way high I'd like to hear about it. Thanks again!

I originally thought your cole salw number was a little high. 50 lbs is a lot of cabbabge. The last catering we performed we yielded more than enough slaw from 15 pounds (for 100 people). Carrying that out would be closer to 35 - 40 pounds, but if you have a lot of loss from the heads before cutting / shredding them maybe 50 lbs would be required. I guess it would depend on the quality and type of cabbage being used.

I get pre cut (longcut) from Sysco. 10lbs makes about 1 3/4 gallon of cole slaw. So I am figuring 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 gallons of slaw.

Back