Charcuterie Thread

How the hell do you guys do that! It's like witch craft to me lol. I'm still intimidated by all the homeade bacon. Keep the pron coming!

Recent Lonzeno, Sorry no sliced pics. very lean cured loin.
FullSizeRender_zps4b189c0c.jpg

Capicola

FullSizeRender_zps7ed859e3.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps6e9f4fbc.jpg

What is your process now? Garage/basement?

Chilly unfinished basement as of now. Temperatures are about right in the winter, humidity is lower than I'd like but I've been able to make a number of things with success.

This thread is making me hungry and giving me some inspiration to start another project!

I've had my curing chamber built for 4-5 months now and never seemed to actually get anything inside it.

XzljsXz.png

I've been helping out the Woodlands Pork and The Curehouse with their amazing products so I've not had as much motivation to work on my own personal projects.

Back bacon (Lomo and Lardo)
33UbGX0.png

I wanted a spreadable cured sausage so we ran a chunk of smoked back bacon through a buffalo chopper with some chipotles, garlic, and whatever else we had laying around.
nYHfljDh.jpg

1dyAPunh.jpg

CtmEFgNh.jpg

Two year old Woodland Pork mountain hams.
d7Zx0B2h.jpg

Cutting up some ham, smoked coppa, and back bacon.
5aUdJCFh.jpg

Getting ready for a Christmas party
xnFpNn9h.jpg

Christmas party
coHAoYFh.jpg

Party back in the fall. I had some mortadella and old fashion bologna for this plate.
kFwZqpfh.jpg

Lastly here in town we have the Bourbon Classic coming up tomorrow and saturday. A few weekends ago we had a ham tasting with bourbon and 5 regional hams to decide on the pairing for the event.
RrHZA8kh.jpg

I've had my curing chamber built for 4-5 months now and never seemed to actually get anything inside it.

I've been helping out the Woodlands Pork and The Curehouse with their amazing products so I've not had as much motivation to work on my own personal projects.

Back bacon (Lomo and Lardo)

I wanted a spreadable cured sausage so we ran a chunk of smoked back bacon through a buffalo chopper with some chipotles, garlic, and whatever else we had laying around.

Two year old Woodland Pork mountain hams.

Cutting up some ham, smoked coppa, and back bacon.

Getting ready for a Christmas party

Christmas party

Party back in the fall. I had some mortadella and old fashion bologna for this plate.

Lastly here in town we have the Bourbon Classic coming up tomorrow and saturday. A few weekends ago we had a ham tasting with bourbon and 5 regional hams to decide on the pairing for the event.
Good lawd you win!:clap:

That back bacon looks beautiful. Never seen that before or what to even get from the butcher for it! Need to look up how to do that.

That back bacon looks beautiful. Never seen that before or what to even get from the butcher for it! Need to look up how to do that.

It's just the loin and a big chunk of back fat. The hogs are a cross between a eurasian wild boar and a farmers hybrid so they have lots of fat and a very small loin. They were bred for making hams/charcuterie.

I recently re-purposed a 30 inch tall wine refrigerator. I added a dish of rock-salt with some water in it to stabilize the humidity to about 70%.

I also threw in a small computer fan to keep the air moving.

It is that easy; just add 6-8 weeks and Viola.

Sold

I am getting a book to start studying up to get my charcuterie degree. Any recommended books?

Back