Charcoal Smoker (anyone heard of these?) Saturday Ribs & Butt

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I found these 2 "drum" (i believe that is what the kids call them) charcoal smokers in my backyard that looked like whatever idiot owned them before had neglected to use much :twitch:.

So since I need to cook some food for friends tomorrow I thought "hey this could be a fun gimmick to try" and show all the haters I'm not just some "zero trick pony" :becky:.

Anyways.....supposed to be crazy nice this weekend and I got 4 racks of ribs that were for a comp, but never got used and a butt going on a Hunsaker tomorrow.

Threw some charcoal and wood in there to prep. Also I gave away my last hybrid rack when I sold one drum, but had a new one from that batch of 12 I bought.

Now I can find the rod that goes across it to hang the ribs while cooking the butt, but no worries just tossed the full hanging rack on top and should work fine. Anyone have "Rod replacement suggestions??"

3YcVFFGl.jpg

8BYLzPzl.jpg

ELVdSWfl.jpg

Don't get too attached to them, charcoal cooking is just a fad. Why, just look around, no one is stocking it on the shelves anymore.
Hopefully, your memory of how to use those will return. Looking forward to the finish.

Last edited:
Now I can find the rod that goes across it to hang the ribs while cooking the butt, but no worries just tossed the full hanging rack on top and should work fine. Anyone have "Rod replacement suggestions??"

:tape::tape::tape:

That's what she said?:bow:

No suggestions, but the lack of Claw in that fridge disturbs me.

Bailing wire, doubled up cooking twine?

Thanks. The twine would work, but the bar sit up a few inches after it connects to the hole to maximize "raisability". But even that wire would be strong enough probably to bend and extend upwards.

This is what i get for neglecting my charcoal cookers :shocked:

:tape::tape::tape:

That's what she said?:bow:

No suggestions, but the lack of Claw in that fridge disturbs me.

I have no excuses on the Claw situation. Totally dropped the ball there and I should be called out accordingly. Need to be held accountable.......

But in honor of cooking on such a more "real" type of bbq I have these bottles of stuff to go with my fancy "palate" :laugh:.

Just cracked that Bib & Tucker
pqqPUwZl.jpg

I have no excuses on the Claw situation. Totally dropped the ball there and I should be called out accordingly. Need to be held accountable.......

But in honor of cooking on such a more "real" type of bbq I have these bottles of stuff to go with my fancy "palate" :laugh:.

Just cracked that Bib & Tucker
pqqPUwZl.jpg

It's just BBQ. Tell me more about the spirits. That's the 12 year?

Yeah, that is a lot of mac and cheese. Funny that you put the rub in your Mac and cheese, my wife does the same with the chicken seasoning from Kroger. It does add a nice touch, but I had never thought of that.

Back