Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Central Illinois Bragging Rights, Arthur, IL - Oct 9 & 10, 2009

We are doing our best to schedule the trains to come by every 24 minutes instead of their standard 20 minutes to make sleeping more peaceful.

Thanks! :biggrin: Can you also arrange to have some oil available for the creaking pit doors on the stick burners? :rolleyes: :biggrin: :cool:

We are still looking for some more kcbs judges for our event. If you happen to know of some folks that would be interested in helping judge our competition send them over to http://www.cibr-bbq.com/forms/judges form.htm and have them sign up.

Everything seems to be running on track for the comp this year with about 45 total teams. Out of the registrations for this year we have about a dozen new pro teams that have not competed here before. Anyone who was here last year should remember the two gentlemen who competed in the thrill with a little homemade setup they brought down here on their motorcycles. This year they are competing in the KCBS division. Should be interesting to see what they are bringing this time.

As always, 217-543-2766 or bbq@arthuril.com if there are any questions.

I hope everyone has their long undies for Friday night! We'll have the fire pit burning on Friday evening and coffee on Saturday morning.

Friday
rain.gif

57 40
Blustery and overcast. Rain in the morning tapers to passing sprinkles or brief showers in the afternoon before ending. North winds 10 to 22 mph become northwest at night.

Saturday
partlycloudy.gif

53 37
Mixed sun and fair weather clouds, cool for the season.

Man, I might actually have to turn the furnace on in the RV.... I might want to pack something other than shorts too... :roll:

which reminds me that I have to order some cinnamon rolls for Saturday breakfast for my girlies...

The Bartlett Boneheads will be in Arthur about noon. Ron I will stop fridy night to warm up by the fire and saturday for a cup of coffee. I will trade you a cinnamon roll for coffee.
See everyone friday.

Chris

Definitely pack long pants and jackets, its gonnabe a cold one. Luckily it won't be as cold as it was at our 2nd annual four years back. During the night it was freezing rain and snow mix for the majority of the night and the day was frigid and windy.

Now maybe more of the cooks will appreciate the trains that go by every 20 minutes since it provides a temporary wind barrier.

Everything seems to be running on schedule even though it is a wet schedule. Pretty much all I have to do now is get a priest, minister, and a rabbi to bless our power boxes so we won't blow fuses all night with all of the heaters that will be kicking on.

Back