THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ageorgetx

Found some matches.
Heres a great way to prepare Salmon.

Ingredients:

1 Salmon Fillet (Skin on)
2 TBS of Local Honey
1 Cup of Teriyaki marinade
McCormick's 5 pepper rub.
1 Cedar Plank
Chunk of Peach Wood

Overnight place the Salmon, Honey and Teriyaki in a dish to marinate. I pierced the meat side of the fish with a fork all over to allow the marinade to sink into the fish.

Next morning I pulled the fillet out of the marinade and placed on the counter to come up to room temp. Dusted the fish with the McCormick's and let set.

Place the cedar plank in water, covered for at least 2 hours prior to cooking.
Went out to get the Akorn up to temp. Set it in at 400 direct.

Once the Akorn is at temp. I threw in the peach wood chunk and got a good smoke going. Then returned to the house to place the Salmon, skin side down on the cedar plank.

Placed the plank with the fish in the center of the Akorn and closed the lid. Pulled after 20 minutes.

Flaky, moist, delicious.

My wife and I are not real big fish eaters. She said after lunch this is one of the best things I have ever cooked. We will be serving this dish again at our house.

Attachments

My wife and I are not real big fish eaters. She said after lunch this is one of the best things I have ever cooked. We will be serving this dish again at our house.

That is what Q is all about. It is a different flavor all together than what comes out of the oven, and you just never know what is going to be great or not until you give it a go. :clap:

Back