THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dyce51

Knows what a fatty is.
I have been tossing the idea around for a while....my wife and I talked about the other day.we decided that we are gonna go for it.

Well at my regular job, I had an accident and had to have surgery to fix my shoulder (reset 3 breaks, reset the joint and reconnect the bicep muscle)...So needless to say I a good amount of free time. So I figure while I'm recovering I can figure out a menu and pricing along with making everything legit (register our name, get insurance, talk to the health dept etc)

then once my arm is back to normal and functioning again I will finish building my equipment.

any pointers? suggestions? or ideas?

Yes don't take short cuts and plan to spend double the money you expect. I opened a quote part time weekend catering/concessions business this past spring. I work a 40 hour week at my full time job and 60 hours a week at BBQ. I worked so hard this year that Monday felt like my day off because I only worked 8 hours that day. Every Friday night I questioned what in the fark am I doing, but by Saturday night after feeding a ton of people and getting great feedback I go home so sore I have to take Advill to get the pain to go away so I can sleep after being up for 36 hours straight. When the pain finally subsides and I can relax I think "Yea baby I love It" I spend every Sunday doing clean up and start all over again. IMO it takes passion to do this and if you have it then go for it!

Back