THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jask - Check out the Bus depot in Hillburn - many 'mini buses' that can be adapted to suit Que needs --Hell, they bake bread in them!!
Oh yeah...tell your FIL WE will take the trailer :grin:

I have a big ol van that I borrow from my father-in-law every now and then. It is great for packing everything we want plus it can tow the smoker and gets decent mileage. That said, I wouldn't buy one just for comps. But I wouldn't buy an RV just for that either, not that there's anything wrong with that. I also have a SUV that can handle the cargo and smoker but also function as a daily driver. I only cook a handful of times per year. If you're going to do a boatload of contests, than it would obviously be different.

I rent the 5x8 U-haul trailers. 2 WSM's, a kettle and plenty of room for everything else. I pull no problem with a 6cyl Toyota Highlander.

We used to rent a u-haul trailer until we had a flat on one, about 15 minutes outside of town. We sat on the side of the highway with a WI state trooper for over 3 1/2 hours waiting to get it fixed. The trooper said he sees u-haul equipment on the side of the road almost every day. No more rentals for us. And yes, we were late for the comp.

Back