THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
We have lots and lots of tomatoes becoming ripe at this time so we’re trying to come up with ways to eat more of them. One of those ways is by making a caprese salad. I had really forgotten just how delicious this is. Having fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden really does add flavor. Here it is just about ready.

Now with a drizzle of EVOO. (Can hardly see it)

Yum!

I've been making that since early June, when tomatoes first ripen here. I put very thinly shaved red onions on mine, between the tomatoes and the Mozzarella. I grow my own basil, and slice it up the way the OP did.

It is a fantastic appetizer.

CD

+1 for a good balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Can't wait till I start getting some tomatoes, mine are still green.. So jealous, that looks great!

I had never heard of that until 3 or 4 years ago. One of my favorites now.

I hit it with a little olive oil and balsamic too.
We've eaten this out many times but this is the 1st time we'e made this ourselves. My wife asked if we should add balsamic vinegar and I didn't think we should. I does sound like it would taste good and I'll be giving it a try. Thanks.

Back