Can't eat pork anymore

I almost killed my taste for brisket. Was cooking one nearly every weekend for a couple years for myself and several for others. Had to lay off for several months because I was afraid they would deport me from Texas. It started to turn my stomach.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, me too. I hate pork so much that every time I cook it I have to eat a whole bunch of it immediately just to get it out of my sight! Tough work.

Hmm...I've seen a reverse trend the last decade. Fat, everyone wants more fat. Which I am fine with.

I agree to a point that people in general are starting to see that 'fat equals flavor'. However, people still obsess over false health claims.

My sister will not buy anything that isn't 'low fat' so that means 90/10 hamburger that might as well be Tofu. My mother buys the leanest pork chops and steaks she can find at the grocery store and they taste very lackluster and test my dental work. Pork sausage should sizzle in the skillet for breakfast, unless you are at my mother's house where a grease-free sausage patty is the goal. :roll:

So yes, some trendy places and people want meat with real flavor but, most people are still stuck with the 'heart healthy' flavorless meat they think is the solution to their clogged arteries, double chins, and love handles.

Justin form Luckys Q, one of the most successful teams in the nation is allergic to pork and doesn't even taste his comp entries. Lets his wife make the decisions.
Seems to work...
Ed

Yep, friends kid can't eat any meat unless it is related to the goat family. Threat a lot of deer....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It happens sometimes. Eat to much of a good thing and spoil your appetite. Got to get some variety in your cooking to prevent being burnt out. May I suggest lamb ribs. Trim the fat off as it turns chewy so get the thick fat off. Rub like pork ribs and treat it similar.

Wow! sorry to hear this, maybe this issue with pork will pass once you are away from it for awhile.

Back