THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bought a $300 10x10 canopy and a $60 10x10 canopy when I started competing. The $300 canopy holds water in heavy rain (you have to keep pushing the water out, and that makes a big mess), and is the one that the wind caught and bent one of the legs (still useable though). The $60 canopy sheds water much better than the more expensive one. If I had to do it over again, I would just buy the cheap ones, if it gets torn up, so be it, it is a lot easier to take than the expensive one getting torn up.

Be sure to buy a good set of sand bags or something, it doesn't take much wind to take these away.

I am a backyard guy and don't do comps, but FWIW, I have had several 12x12 from Costco and Academy. The best I can say is, I hope for you guys they do better at a comp than at the farking beach.

Had a ShelterLogic 10x20 for 4 or 5 years, which held up well even in some heavy winds and rain. Finally got crushed by Hurricane Matthew at Smoke on the Water in AC a couple years ago. We replaced it with another ShelterLogic 10x20. Great value for the money. If I had some extra coin, I may have opted for the Caravan Classic 10x20. We have a cc 10x10, and it's built like a brick sh*thouse.

Back