THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's what I have so far: (correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes:
ThomEmery
Buster Dog
widespread
bones
Rich Parker
butt_head
indianagriller
Brew-b-q
squeeze
me
Jeff (from Holy and Oly's)

Maybe:
smokin joe (date)
goodsmokebbq
Ron_L
KC Bobby (date)
Plowbow (date)
Gratefulsmoker (date)
Pat (wife) :)
O.C. Pig Assassin

Looks promising!

Last edited:
BTW, I posted something similar to this on the BBQ Forum - one person indicated that he would like to come - then the post and follow-up posts were deleted (along with my query about why the post was deleted). Does anyone know who that person was??

Some people may not want known that they are attending the class. Sounds funny to me, but that was the subject of a thread sometime ago. May want to keep the attendee list off of the boards in case someone is concerned about that.

Some people may not want known that they are attending the class. Sounds funny to me, but that was the subject of a thread sometime ago. May want to keep the attendee list off of the boards in case someone is concerned about that.

Good point. At this time I'll only list those who have indicated on the thread itself that they would like to come. Hopefully we'll have something put together soon that will allow people to officially register.

Hey Scottie, Sounds great to mef the dates work I would like to attend. If you make the location Phoenix (due to the great weather) I can find you several FEC's to use. Maybe even a FEC 500.

ROADTRIP!!! Take the train from Sacramento straight thru to Chi town, See some of the greatest scenery going thru the great divide and then learning BBQ. Whats to loose? Pencil me in Scotty.

NUTZ

Yes:
yelonutz
ThomEmery
Buster Dog
widespread
bones
Rich Parker
butt_head
indianagriller
Brew-b-q
squeeze
me
Jeff (from Holy and Oly's)

Maybe:
smokin joe (date)
goodsmokebbq
Ron_L
KC Bobby (date)
Plowbow (date)
Gratefulsmoker (date)
Pat (wife) :)
O.C. Pig Assassin
Dan - 3eyezbbq
toys4dlr (date)

This means we've already raised ~ $6000 if all goes as planned - with the potential for $11,000 so far.

Hey Scottie, Sounds great to mef the dates work I would like to attend. If you make the location Phoenix (due to the great weather) I can find you several FEC's to use. Maybe even a FEC 500.

I agree Dave, Phoenix would have the best weather for a class like this :-D We could round up about 25 smokers for the class :-D In all seriousness though,wouldn't,or couldn't weather be very bad in febuary in Chicago ,or at least pretty cold ?

I agree Dave, Phoenix would have the best weather for a class like this :-D We could round up about 25 smokers for the class :-D In all seriousness though,wouldn't,or couldn't weather be very bad in febuary in Chicago ,or at least pretty cold ?

The temp in Chicago averages about 25 in Feb so you should be good. :cool:

Sorry for any delay. I've received approval from the park district president. It's going to the board tonight, along with approval for the Westmont BBQ contest. So while not official, I would say all engines are a go.

When it happens, I will make an announcement. I have some loose ends to do, but can at least get a sign-up going. Probably limit the class size too. Will make for that ebay bidding that much better!!! (Wish I could do smiley faces on this dumb BB!!!!)

So the date would be 2/19-2/20. I'll hook up with one hotel and also list others if you don't like my choice. We also have a Marriott.

The guest instructor is also excited, so it should be cool. I'll for sure let those that have responded on here get first crack at spots though.

On a side note. Nate (Monty) who started this whole push has been counseling a woman who was battling cancer. She lost her fight, so prayers go out to her family and to Nate for being there. This is why I do this, is to try and hekp those.

Thanks all. It's pretty humbling and also inspirational for me. Especially at this time of year, when I get pretty blue. This was my Corliss' favorite time of year.

Cancer Sucks!

Scottie

Unfortunately, Good Smoke will not be able to make that date. My daughters birthdays are 2/20 and 2/21 and we are having some folks in from out of town. Best of luck and put me on the list for the next one!

Back