THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancellations need to be made in writing 10 days prior to event - Cancellations after that forfeit the deposit. We have also on occasion charged a reservation fee for holiday weekends that is non-refundable if the event is cancelled.

For events that require on-site work I need a non refundable deposit. I will try to work with them if there's a date change and I can book. I want 50% a month in advance to cover all my costs. At that point they are committed. If people won't give a deposit the you may turn down other jobs and then they just cancel.

Not considered a "fee".....you'll never get money from someone that hasn't already given you some.....so...absolutely a non refundable deposit...I'll send you a few catering policy templates if you'd like that show different scenarios for how and when deposits are returned or not returned.

Hi Diva,

My policy is writen on my contract. I require a $50 non refundable deposit to book the date. 30 days before I require a signed contract with a 50% depoait (includes the $50) . Cancellations between 30 and 14 days, I keep the $50 bucks and refund the rest. Once we hit the 14 day my contract states that I keep the depost.

This has never happened but I think I would refund any un-spent money

Terms of Payment:
Simply Marvelous BBQ Catering Company will require a $300 non-refundable booking charge to reserve the date. (Client agrees to pay a non refundable charge to secure the date of the event. The booking charge is a non-refundable charge to the Caterer for removing the date from availability from other potential clients). The remaining balance ($1418.39) is due no later than 10 days prior to the event.

Thats a tough one to deal with, we ask for a deposit up front and depending on circumstances I might return it at a cancellation..yeah I know...small town politics I guess..:deadhorse:

Back