THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just want to live in a place where my neighbor brings me ribs and brisket

Move to the west burbs in IL, and you can have all of our leftover ribs. I use Royal Oak briquettes when I cook (home and competitions) and I haven't had many complaints. The only complaints I get are about chicken! :hand:

I don't know if I can tell the difference between briquettes and lump, if done totally blind. I think I would know the difference between briquettes and wood, especially in an offset versus cabinet comparison.
Subtle differences between each Lump, Charcoal, Splits IMHO the difference is in the cooker. When i want great smokey flavor and bark, its all about the offset. i don't hesitate to crank it up for a single rack of ribs and burn up a lot of wood to do it. The outcome is just better than my Kettle, ceramic, or gasser.

Back