THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Turtle

Take a breath!
I want to get one for my next purchase. I know some big-time comp guys who have pits with rotating trays that seem to turn out really consistent, evenly-cooked brisket. I'd like to have one for ribs, checken, etc but I was wondering if one cut a big packer lengthwise and put it in two trays for balance could you do brisket on it. I doubt that the rotisserie motor would be very happy trying to rotate a single tray with a ten-pound packer on it.

I suppose you could if you cut it into strips that are 4" wide :-D

I thinks that's about how wide the ribolator trays are.

I vote that you give it a try and report back with the results! You know cutting it in that fashion with a good rub on it.........who knows, might just be the next big rage, just might be darn good.

KC

The trays on mine are 4.5 wide and 17" long. I remember when I bought mine Bob has trays that are adjustable in length up to 22" maybe. Have to look and see. I bought the wireless motor for comps and it states will turn 25-30# of meat. IMO that is high. I loaded all 4 trays with spares and sounds like it works a little hard. I am going to buy an electric motor for when we have power at comps and use wireless as back up.

I can say I love my rib-o-lator though. Done chicken, ribs and salmon on it. You should have no issues doing a brisket as long as it is cut to fit trays.

Back