THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lemonhead

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
I’ve tried the peach baked beans from jacks old south. The canned peach pieces were a tad too big for my liking. If I ever make those again I’m going to dice them up smaller. But I’m hoping you guys can point me in a better direction.

I am making this tonight... we love it! It’s a simple bean dish my grandma used to make, then my mom started making it and now I make it. The butter beans are what really set this apart...

4d219c1653a91bb5bf311e4f22e4fffa.jpg

This is my smoked Pit Bean recipe, I serve this as a side for my catering business and there's never a morsel left when I make them.

BFVvXf4l.jpg

Pound of bacon cut into 1" inch squares
1 Medium diced sweet onion
1 diced Bell pepper
1 diced Jalapeno Pepper
1 - 55 oz or 3- 16 oz can Bush’s Baked Beans
1-20 ounce can of pineapple chunks drain the juice
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup ketchup
1 tablespoon dry ground mustard

Fry the bacon pieces until crispy then add the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno peppers until tender in the bacon grease.

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into a half size steam pan or double the recipe for a full size 21" pan and smoke for 2-3 hours or bake them in the oven @350* for one hour.

Here's one I copied from somewhere that I want to try and if I saw this post earlier I would be making it today but I just got back in from the store and I'm not going back out.

WICKED SMOKED BAKED BEANS

8-10 strips of bacon cut into 1/2-inch squares (I use Pepper Crust Bacon)
1/2 Medium onion, diced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
3 - 4 Jalapeno Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
1 - 55 ounce can Bush’s Baked Beans – I drain the sauce off
1-8 ounce can of pineapple tidbits, not crushed, drained
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard
3 Tbs. Molasses
1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
¼ Cup Jack Daniels
Saute bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper just until tender.
In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup, dry mustard, and Jack Daniels. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)
Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 - 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160°) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.

This is my smoked Pit Bean recipe, I serve this as a side for my catering business and there's never a morsel left when I make them.

BFVvXf4l.jpg

1 diced Bell pepper
1 diced Jalapeno Pepper
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup ketchup

Fry the bacon pieces until crispy then add the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno peppers until tender in the bacon grease.

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into a half size steam pan or double the recipe for a full size 21" pan and smoke for 2-3 hours or bake them in the oven @350* for one hour.

Yes I stole this recipe and I can tell you these are AWESOME. You at least have to try them. I will also add a little mustard and honey to mine but the main recipe is great.

I do a version of Keri's beans but puree the apples.

BFVvXf4l.jpg

1 diced Bell pepper
1 diced Jalapeno Pepper
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup ketchup

After digging through the cabinets and fridge I had almost everything to make these. I substituted the ketchup and jalapeno for HC Apple Habanero bbq sauce and added a little rub.

I sampled a few bites of it cold and they were great, can't wait to see what a few hours on smoke does to them. Thanks for the recipe and to the OP for asking!!!

Back