THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
So, some of you know that I've been trying to sell the Fiery Furnace for Dan (chambersuac).
I listed it last Monday and we've got a buyer. As it turns out, the interested party is a Brethren (Tastebudzbbq). He's in Ocala, FL. I've been talking to him and his only hang up is how to get it. Shipping/freight is pretty outrageous.

The other part of this is that Dan's been asking me about getting some more of his BBQ gear that I've been storing down to him.

SO, I'm trying to see if we can organize another relay.
The plan would be to load up stuff in my truck, hook up to the FF and head south. The route's Leg #1 would go from Indianapolis down I-65 through Louisville and Bowling Green KY, through Nashville, TN where the relay will split.

From this point, Leg #2 with Dan's gear will head southeast through Memphis, TN, Little Rock, AK, Texarkansas, Dallas, TX and down to Dan at San Antonio.

Leg #3 will continue with the Fiery Furnace from Nashville down through Chattanooga, TN, Atlanta, GA and down to Ocala, FL. I'm still talking with Tastebudzbbq to see how far north he's able to come from Ocala to get the FF.

Tastebudzbbq is wanting it early next week.
I know it's a holiday weekend.
I have plans and I know many of you do as well.
At this point, I'm willing to sacrifice a day to get this done.
I'm just trying to see if this is a possibility.

Please chime in if you're able to lend a hand with this.

NOTE: If you're on a leg that will be hauling the FF, you'll need to have a trailer hitch. There is a 2" hitch with a 1 7/8" ball that came on the pit home with me and I'll send it down with the pit, so there's no need to have a hitch ball, just the receiver for the 2" insert. We can send the ball hitch along with each hand off.

I'm not sure exactly what other equipment we'll be sending with the FF at this point. I'm talking with Dan about it as I type this to work that out. It won't be a LOT, probably a lot of smaller stuff. Probably an EZ-Up and a classic Weber Kettle will be the biggest things. Other stuff will include a table or two, a Cambro and some various smaller gear.

SO.....

Please chime in if you're able to help.

Let's get this done one more time Brethren!

Thanks, Kempis - and all the Brethren. The most important thing is delivery of the Fiery Furnace. If she cannot be delivered, we don't even need to make the relay to TX now. As much as it grieves me to sell the Fiery Furnace, my fiery financials require it.

I know this is asking a lot...and is short notice. I will certainly understand if it cannot happen. Thanks for reading this and for any consideration and help you can give. Most importantly, please say a prayer, if this happens, for,those who drive.

God bless y'all. Enjoy a safe and happy 4th of July holiday.

Thanks, Kempis - and all the Brethren. The most important thing is delivery of the Fiery Furnace. If she cannot be delivered, we don't even need to make the relay to TX now. As much as it grieves me to sell the Fiery Furnace, my fiery financials require it.

I know this is asking a lot...and is short notice. I will certainly understand if it cannot happen. Thanks for reading this and for any consideration and help you can give. Most importantly, please say a prayer, if this happens, for,those who drive.

God bless y'all. Enjoy a safe and happy 4th of July holiday.

If it was going through MO you know I'd have been happy to help the train. But I'm happy to help with gas!

Neil

If it will help, the early part of next week can be moved back a few days... No problem. Able to come at least as far as Atlanta...maybe more.

There was a brethren on FB who said that he was in North TX and was willing to do a leg there too. I don't think he's checked in here yet.
Perhaps he can do the run from Texarkana to Dallas?

Depending on the date, I might could do Louisville to Nashville.

That's awesome.
I can run it to Louisville. Any idea what dates work for you? Is this weekend possible? I have to work on Monday so it will have to be an evening run if after the weekend.

Depending on the dates I can help in Texas.

Looks like we have the Dallas to Austin run taken care of.
Can you do Texarkana to Dallas or at least part of that?

(I just put two and two together......thillin=Ty Hillin (FB)? :doh:)

I really appreciate everyone helping out, especially Kempis.
A bonus for whoever brings the stuff all the way to my house in San Antonio - I'll let you - at absolutely no charge - stop by the hospital and meet me! I'll even through in a few extra minutes for a visit. :grin:

Thanks again, y'all.

If someone can get it to within an hour of North Texas, I think can get it to San Antonio on the 10th.

To be clear.....the load going from Nashville to San Antonio will just be some stuff loaded into a truck. The Fiery Furnace will be heading from Nashville to Ocala, FL on a different leg.

What are you considering "an hour from North TX"?
The load will be coming from Little Rock, AK and through Texarkana.
I'm not from TX, so I'm not sure if Texarkana is considered "North Texas" or not. I'd assume East TX, but then.......I'm a yankee. :becky:

Thanks for the help Ty.

That's awesome.
I can run it to Louisville. Any idea what dates work for you? Is this weekend possible? I have to work on Monday so it will have to be an evening run if after the weekend.

I've gotta work this weekend, dangit.

Retail...they don't care about weekends,or holidays...or holiday weekends. Tha punks!
I was thinking I could on Sunday, but can't.Looks like I'll be working. Apparently the bank,electric company,water company, etc expect me to pay them for whatever reason.:shock: Looking at my work schedule, I don't know when I'd be available. I've got 2, yes TWO, court dates coming up (custody battle...wish me luck).
I'm practically half way between Louisville and Nashville.I can try and get a hold of my FIL and see if he would be willing to...but i know he wouldn't be available this weekend.

Back