CAB Ribeye - living A Bargain Bin Life

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Ribeye treated with Kosher salt and sat for about 45 minutes. Liberally topped with Oakridge Carne Crosta. A chimney of B&B Oak Lump. Tiernan SOB. A couple of Evie Mae's Green chile cheese sausages. Loaded baked potato and deli macaroni salad. A grand lunch. Steak cooked to 129*

Last edited:
Deep cleaned the SOB prior to grilling. I like cleaning the cookers. Wife wasn't fond of me using her computer room trashcan

Today, winds gusting to 70mph chance of gorilla hail and tornadoes. Reed Timmer thinking about setting up near me.

Think I'll smoke one of those corned beef flats before it all begins

Actually no. I use Real Salt brand Kosher Salt. I salt pretty well and allow it to sit. The salt pulls out moisture initially and then it goes away. Allegedly sucked back into the meat. Anyway you can't really see the salt except on fat after about 45 minutes. I then vigoursly rub with truffle oil until opaque then a generous amount of Oak Ridge Carne Crosta (this procedure often but not always as salt and pepper work great too)

Bradley Robinson @Chudsbbq on YouTube technique that I adopted and really does work.

I grill over hot coals and pull and wrap in foil when lowest reading is 129*
Leave it in foil for 5-7 minutes while finish up sausage, sides etc.
Lots of good juice this way

I'll take that bargain bin life any day of the week. Great looking steak.

I watch Chuds bbq a lot also. You can learn a lot on youtube once you learn the right channels to watch and filter out the glut of amateurs.

Looks great Adams. Have you ever tried the porcini rub on steak?

Get some dried porcini and grind in a spice / coffee grinder. Apply liberally after your other seasonings of choice an cook just like you did.

You won't regret.

Back