THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What needs to be looked at and remembered who wanted to take away member's choices. Wayne Lohman presented the motion, second from Steve Ownby with Tana Shupe and Paul Kirk voting in favor.

What needs to be looked at and remembered who wanted to take away member's choices. Wayne Lohman presented the motion, second from Steve Ownby with Tana Shupe and Paul Kirk voting in favor.

No surprises there. Thanks to the other members for having the sense to vote this down.

nothing wrong with pellet cookers.

as long as they dont have a thermostat.

<I am now running out of room, across the border, and diving under a bush>

I almost wish it would have gone to a general membership vote - just to let those that are pushing it know they are in the minority.

I dont think there is anyway it would pass. So why not let us vote and really send a message. Oh well - its over until "they" try to bring it up again.

BTW, I am picking up my FEC100 this afternoon so I must respectively disagree with the Grand Poobah

I think if you don't have a homemade smoker, your cheating! I mean really, how can you call it YOUR bbq if your using someone else's smoker design???? :p

I dont think there is anyway it would pass. So why not let us vote and really send a message. Oh well - its over until "they" try to bring it up again.

Which will probably happen. They just need the make-up of the board to shift...3 votes aint much. Not like this died a resounding death.

The fact a petition was circulated is a moot point considering a petition is not now needed for a board member to propose an ammendment to change . I don't necessarily like it. I would like the by-laws ammended to require approval by a majority of the members on by-laws issues, rules, and election of board members as well. An example would be an amendment which stated " In order to ammend a portion of the by-laws or rules, such proposal should be sumitted for approval at the next general election and may either be proposed by (1) a current member of the board and requiring a consenting majority vote by the board or by (2) a petition from the membership in good standing containing a minimum number equal to 10% of the membership voting in the last board election. Notification of intent to ammend the by-laws or rules should be made in the 'Bullsheet' and on the KCBS website a minimum of 60 days prior to the election." Ratification of such proposals should require a minimum of 2/3 majority of the voters.

Back