THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JM,
At 300 degrees, how long did that take? I typically cook between 255 and 275 which takes butts around 9 hours to complete. I havea party coming up so I was thinking of hot and fast between 300 - 325 with a guess at 6-7 hours cook time.

JM,
At 300 degrees, how long did that take? I typically cook between 255 and 275 which takes butts around 9 hours to complete. I havea party coming up so I was thinking of hot and fast between 300 - 325 with a guess at 6-7 hours cook time.

These butts were approximately 6lbs each but one was slightly larger than the other, maybe by a half pound. The first one came off in 5 hours flat and the other came off about 45 minutes later.

JM,

Ive been cooking my butts lately are 300* and I've come to realize they cook normally about 45min per pound and sometimes has been as little as 30min per lb

Back