THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cameraman

Babbling Farker
I picked one up at Costco yesterday. I've cut all the fat and silverskin off and rubbed i with an olive oil / rosemary / garlic / s&P marinade and it's vacusucked and sitting in the fridge. I think I'm going to tie it back into a roast and cook it offset on the kettle. It's a 5 pounder. I'm going to shoot for about 250 or 275 and look to hit around 140-145 finished after a 30 min. cooler rest. Can you give me a clue how long I should plan for on the grill? Should I do a reverse sear? Am I making a mistake not using the WSM? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Mmmm lamb. TIA

I did a boneless leg from Sam's at the Bash last night. I peeled the netting back just enough to open it up and seasoned this inside and folded it back up. I pull the netting back over it and seasoned the outside. I banked coals on one side of the Weber, put the leg in a basket and put the spit through it. I think it was on the spit about 2 hours. I pulled it a 145*F due to extra curricular activities. I did want to pull it at 135*F. Your idea of tying it up is spot on.

Back