THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C

ChrisChaos

A while back I found a great excel or PDF file on sausage making, looked all over for it. Bad Computer...But i'm looking for a burger blend like that? Please can anyone help me out? Like a pork/Beef blends % of meat, fat, etc.

Not sure I would use ground pork in a blend, unless you plan on cooking them to well done. But a little fat back in the mix would be fine. What blend of meat cuts are you wanting to use? I use a mix of chuck as the main base and add a little short rib and top round to the mix. It's About a 2 1/2/1/1 ratio. If I added fat back, I'd probably go 1/2 of the amount of the 1 in the ratio. So say 2.5 lbs of chuck, to 1.3 lbs of short rib, and 1 lb of top round...I would add in about 1/2 lb of fat back and start from there.

I knew you guys would come up with some good answers...thanks!!!!

Back