THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB, I would beg you to try cheesing your patties on the grill, that unmelted cheese slice looks so forlorn under the meat.

I prefer my cheese 'softened' rather than melted if that makes sense. If I want the melted ooey gooey cheese I just make a thickened cheese sauce up and throw the onions and mushrooms into that. If I'm doing a cheese slice I like it to be there as a cheese slice, but just a weee bit melted down. I warm the buns up in a pan, and then place the mayo and cheese on that. Gives it a sort of grilled cheese experience, without it losing its texture completely.

I appreciate the advice though, and must say that is the way my boys like their burgers, which is why on the last set of burgers they got cheesified the way you describe. They're the ones you see on the left and right.

Back