THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dude, YOU TOOK HIS $10K and took forever to NOT get the job done!!! What the fark are you talking about???

He can't wrap that around his head. He keeps forgetting about the timeline he promised. He makes all his clients sound like they had a change of heart and want their $ back when in reality he failed and fails to deliver and continues to take people's money in hopes of getting out of a hole he can't. That's no business model, that's a joke.

I ran a business at one point and I took a loss of a few thousand dollars on a client when product shipped by the manufacturer was completely off and I had to deliver the product on delivery day. I paid full price for an identical product by buying from a retailer just to make sure the client got what he was supposed to get by the date I had promised. It's not the client's fault or concern the issues you're having with your business. He has paid in good faith and you should deliver the exact product by the date promised. It's called integrity which this guy doesn't have.

Mr Boston has already claimed he used my money, so he is right that my money is t in his account. He is holding me hostage because he needed my money to finish someone’s build. Meanwhile it doesn’t matter that I have lost a ton of money or that I have spent way to much time trying to get Mr Boston to simply produce what he said he could. He wants me to trust him with more money for the trailer build. He doesn’t seem to understand that I just spent $30K to get a different trailer because he failed to provide me with something in the timeframe requested. How long should I have waited until I went to my bank to claim fraud?

He can't wrap that around his head. He keeps forgetting about the timeline he promised. He makes all his clients sound like they had a change of heart and want their $ back when in reality he failed and fails to deliver and continues to take people's money in hopes of getting out of a hole he can't. That's no business model, that's a joke.

I ran a business at one point and I took a loss of a few thousand dollars on a client when product shipped by the manufacturer was completely off and I had to deliver the product on delivery day. I paid full price for an identical product by buying from a retailer just to make sure the client got what he was supposed to get by the date I had promised. It's not the client's fault or concern the issues you're having with your business. He has paid in good faith and you should deliver the exact product by the date promised. It's called integrity which this guy doesn't have.

So even though he could get his money back if that's what the bank decides I should build it and ship it anyway? I've never said I had no blame In this or any other build I'm behind on. But I can't see building it for free if he does get the funds back.
Am I wrong there?

Mr Boston has already claimed he used my money, so he is right that my money is t in his account. He is holding me hostage because he needed my money to finish someone’s build. Meanwhile it doesn’t matter that I have lost a ton of money or that I have spent way to much time trying to get Mr Boston to simply produce what he said he could. He wants me to trust him with more money for the trailer build. He doesn’t seem to understand that I just spent $30K to get a different trailer because he failed to provide me with something in the timeframe requested. How long should I have waited until I went to my bank to claim fraud?

It's not fraud if I am behind and told you why and you were notified by numerous people that it was being built.
Fraud is if I took your money and spent it and had no intentions of building your products.
Clearly not the case here

It's not fraud if I am behind and told you why and you were notified by numerous people that it was being built.
Fraud is if I took your money and spent it and had no intentions of building your products.
Clearly not the case here

The "alleged" fraud is telling him 2-4 weeks knowing you couldn't deliver, telling him that so you could get his business and knowing that if you told him 6 months he would go elsewhere.

I dO not know if you knew you couldn't deliver in 2-4 weeks, but the argument could be made that you should have known that considering Brian's issues earlier in this thread.

I am pretty sure that legally Mr Boston has now admitted on this forum that he has used my money and he can no longer claim my deposit is frozen, am I the only one living in reality on that statement. You used my money and your bank has denied my bank the reversal because funds weren’t available to return them. Just finish the smoker and I will pay the driver $2300. Send the trailer I have already paid for with my deposit. I am your customer and I am telling you I don’t trust you as a business owner and I have no desire for you to finish my trailer. Trust has been lost and you will not get it back from me.

His money is not in my account! It has been removed!
What is so hard to understand about this. If I send you 10k it's in your account then one day it's removed from your account by the bank. IT'S NO LONGER YOUR MONEY OR IN YOUR ACCOUNT!

Yes the money is still most likely in your account but held/frozen unavailable to you. Financial institutions do not have random ledgers and escrow accounts to place funds like that. That just not how the banking world works. You keep saying he had no grounds to file to reverse the wire but in his mind he had no reason to believe you would ever deliver. You said by freezing those funds, it's taken food out of your kids mouth, so yes he had paid you, you haven't delivered, funds are on hold now doesn't mean he never paid you. It just means you don't have access to them at this moment. So I agree with you, I wouldn't continue work on his order until the funds are available to you again. If the investigation goes his way, yes he will be made whole and you will have a smoker to finish and sell to recoup your losses. That sucks but it is the cost of not meeting deadlines and empty promises.

I hope for the sake of both of you, the funds will be available to you, and you finish his builds and deliver them quickly.

But your customer has very little reason to have faith this will happen bc of the already past history you have developed with him.

Maybe a little good faith on your part will go a long way with him. No one's asking your to work for free, but I just think you are having a hard time seeing it from your customers point of view. When you pay someone and never get what is promised, one may feel they have been robbed.

Yes the money is still most likely in your account but held/frozen unavailable to you. Financial institutions do not have random ledgers and escrow accounts to place funds like that. That just not how the banking world works. You keep saying he had no grounds to file to reverse the wire but in his mind he had no reason to believe you would ever deliver. You said by freezing those funds, it's taken food out of your kids mouth, so yes he had paid you, you haven't delivered, funds are on hold now doesn't mean he never paid you. It just means you don't have access to them at this moment. So I agree with you, I wouldn't continue work on his order until the funds are available to you again. If the investigation goes his way, yes he will be made whole and you will have a smoker to finish and sell to recoup your losses. That sucks but it is the cost of not meeting deadlines and empty promises.

I hope for the sake of both of you, the funds will be available to you, and you finish his builds and deliver them quickly.

But your customer has very little reason to have faith this will happen bc of the already past history you have developed with him.

Maybe a little good faith on your part will go a long way with him. No one's asking your to work for free, but I just think you are having a hard time seeing it from your customers point of view. When you pay someone and never get what is promised, one may feel they have been robbed.

Thank you that's all I've been saying this whole time. The smoker is rather unique not everyone would want it if it was completed. That is why I don't want to finish it until funds are released. I can still modify it to be able to easily sell it at this point

I am pretty sure that legally Mr Boston has now admitted on this forum that he has used my money and he can no longer claim my deposit is frozen, am I the only one living in reality on that statement. You used my money and your bank has denied my bank the reversal because funds weren’t available to return them. Just finish the smoker and I will pay the driver $2300. Send the trailer I have already paid for with my deposit. I am your customer and I am telling you I don’t trust you as a business owner and I have no desire for you to finish my trailer. Trust has been lost and you will not get it back from me.

No the bank denied the reversal until investigation is complete. I've never once said I didn't purchase material or pay some labor which is what the deposit is intended for. However when the bank removed the amount of your deposit that you stated you disputed then the materials and labor become mine until said monies are deposited back into my account.

The "alleged" fraud is telling him 2-4 weeks knowing you couldn't deliver, telling him that so you could get his business and knowing that if you told him 6 months he would go elsewhere.

I dO not know if you knew you couldn't deliver in 2-4 weeks, but the argument could be made that you should have known that considering Brian's issues earlier in this thread.

That was not the case he would have had his smoker in time quoted if we had not had the hospital visits and death. Hence no fraud

The bank doesn’t hold bank accounts on file. Your bank denied the reversal to my bank due to insufficient funds being available. The bank is investigating claims by someone that you are operating in a fraudulent manner, which I think you have pretty much proven. Personal issues don’t absolve a business owner of meeting his or her obligations. I can’t just sit around and hope that nobody gets sick or hurt in your house, your personal problems are just those. You are making your personal problems everyone’s business because you tell everyone you would have gotten your stuff except I have a life.

It's amazing how many people cant' read:

Any further comments needs to be civil, constructive and factual. Theres alot of third party conjecture here, and anything considered to be dog piling, name calling or personal attacks will be deleted and WILL lead to a thread lockdown. Keep it civil

The bank doesn’t hold bank accounts on file. Your bank denied the reversal to my bank due to insufficient funds being available. The bank is investigating claims by someone that you are operating in a fraudulent manner, which I think you have pretty much proven. Personal issues don’t absolve a business owner of meeting his or her obligations. I can’t just sit around and hope that nobody gets sick or hurt in your house, your personal problems are just those. You are making your personal problems everyone’s business because you tell everyone you would have gotten your stuff except I have a life.

Wrong sir. The bank doesn't do a reversal based on your word. Doesn't work that way. And I am not ruining a fraudulent business. I'm running a small business that's just behind. But puts out a very good product at a good price.

So even though he could get his money back if that's what the bank decides I should build it and ship it anyway? I've never said I had no blame In this or any other build I'm behind on. But I can't see building it for free if he does get the funds back.
Am I wrong there?

Sometimes you just have to take a loss. That's just how business or life in general works. You lose a few grand here and there but I bet the customer you make happy is going to refer many more customers that weren't even going to come your way. Even if you don't get a dime, you have to make it right. At least that's what I've been taught. Especially when you're in the wrong.

I highly doubt the guy that gave you 10K deposit is going to take the money back and take delivery of the smoker. He's offering to send his guy and pay the balance if you finish the work.

It's amazing how many people cant' read:

Any further comments needs to be civil, constructive and factual. Theres alot of third party conjecture here, and anything considered to be dog piling, name calling or personal attacks will be deleted and WILL lead to a thread lockdown. Keep it civil

I have been civil the entire time. I think most folks are not interested in hearing someone who has already had to refund a member on here espouse a bunch of half truths or outright lies. I personally can back up my posts with texts from the builder in question.

The idea that I have not been patient with Mr Boston is wrong, I have given him a ton of patience. Mr Boston can claim he isn’t advertising 2-4 week build times but that simply isn’t true. He quoted me 2-4 weeks in October. He also text d me to tell me he can’t stop taking deposits or he will be out of business. I am more than happy to post more of Mr Boston’s texts to me to provide further proof of his deceit to customers.

Does your phone have the capability to take screenshots? That would be very easy way to upload pictures of your conversation with Donnie.

Why couldn't it have went like this..."I'm sorry I cannot meet the deadline we agreed upon. Would you like a refund or are you willing to wait until xx date?" You admitted yourself you could have changed the design easily at the point you are at in the build.

I have been civil the entire time. I think most folks are not interested in hearing someone who has already had to refund a member on here espouse a bunch of half truths or outright lies. I personally can back up my posts with texts from the builder in question.

Ok I'm done here. I went out of my went to give you a good price. You would have gotten the smoker in time quoted. I'm so sorry that Cissy died and it inconvenienced You! I guess I planned that in my big plan to defraud you too huh? I let you know as as things started happening. You claim you don't want to ruin a small business.... BS!
I'M BEHIND ON BUILDS THAT'S IT I'M NOT A DAMN THIEF, SCAM, FRAUD, HILLBILLY, OR ANYTHING ELSE I'VE BEEN CALLED HERE!!!!
I'VE WENT BY WHAT LAWYERS AND YOUR DETECTIVES AS WELL AS MINE ADVISED ME. SORRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT BUT I WILL NOT MAKE A MOVE UNTIL THE BANKS CONCLUDE THERE INVESTIGATION AND EITHER RETURN THE MONEY TO ME OR TO YOU!
FOR THOSE THAT THINK THEY WOULD DO OTHERWISE IT SURE IS EASY TO SIT BEHIND A COMPUTER AND SAY I'M WRONG. BUT I BET 99.9% WOULD NOT FINISH THE BUILD UNTIL MONEY WAS IN HAND.
I'VE TALKED TO SEVERAL OTHER BUILDERS THEY AGREE AS WELL!!!

I'M DONE YALL CAN HAVE YOUR WITCH HUNT AND BASH ME ALL YOU WANT. IT'S EASY TO DO THAT WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR MONEY OR BUSINESS ON THE LINE!!!

Why couldn't it have went like this..."I'm sorry I cannot meet the deadline we agreed upon. Would you like a refund or are you willing to wait until xx date?" You admitted yourself you could have changed the design easily at the point you are at in the build.

Because I bought materials needed to do the job

Back