THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Just wondering how others do it, we usually just do a double sided buffet line but I am wondering if we should be setting up two double sided buffet tables to run guests through faster. How do you set them up?

Just did a wedding reception with one double line (150 guests)
As long you have a method to retain hot food... no problem.

200 should go fine thru a double sided table as long as your keeping it restocked.

That 2nd table requires quite a bit of extra cost.

200 should go fine thru a double sided table as long as your keeping it restocked.

That 2nd table requires quite a bit of extra cost.

^+1 I agree

Call them up by tables to keep control of line length on the first servings. This also allow you to have a pause for restocking without long lines in waiting.

+2 on double line buffet with means to restock and table call. And that there is some cost to second table set up. I do offer something to ponder. I cook for Brandywine convention center and run 500+ parties. Have found it easier, for us, to run single line set ups. We can restock with out shuffling between people to pull a pan out of a chafer that drips hot water and loading in a full hot pan. Single long line its maintained opposite of the line of people out of thier way. Its a given that we have room and equipment for this though.

Back